What is Penetration Testing:
A penetration test, or pen test, is an attempt to evaluate the security of an IT infrastructure by safely trying to exploit vulnerabilities
Most sophisticated attack on a company used to come from social engineering. While that is still a big factor, it is now possible to control what corporate resources employees have access to, thanks to Active Directory, and monitor data going in and out of a company with relative ease. With proper management and training, risk factor of social engineering can be mitigated to an acceptable level.
The real problem nowadays are targeted, malicious attacks.
According to Global State of Information Security® Survey by PwC
38% increase in detected information security incidents in 2015, compared to 2014.
Theft of intellectual propery has increased by 56% in 2015.
While employees remain the most cited source of compromise, incidents attributed to business partners climbed 22%
The usual points of security breaches:
- Vulnerabilities – Vulnerabilities in operating systems and applications account for most security breaches. These vulnerabilities can be exploited by malicious parties to gain access to your IT Infrastructure.
- Social Engineering – Without proper training, employees are vulnerable to social engineering scams and can inadvertently give restricted information to outside parties.
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) – APTs are targeted, stealthy and provide continuous network access to a third party, targeting a specific entitiy (government, corporation or a person)
- Internal Issues - Employee malicious intent
- Botnets – Automated tools that allow your computers to attack an outside source as part of a larger group of computers
Why should you let us help you:
Our expert team will analyze your infrastructure and business for weak points that can be exploited by outside sources and help you take preventative and proactive measures so that your business doesn’t have to suffer the long, hard and costly consequences. Not only do we help you fix the actual IT side of the business, we can also educate your employees on how to prevent being social engineered and basics on how to spot most common breach attempts.
The strength in our penetration testing as Sirius Information Technologies comes from our experience in working with many different IT systems in many countries and our expertise concerning numerous IT technologies.